Thursday, October 21, 2010

Channeling Ms. Martha Stewart!

You know that "one Mom" at school... the one with the perfect hair (that you know cost $180), the perfect outfit EVERY time, She's drives the best SUV, carries the best purses, and ALWAYS has the cutest shoes?  PLUS: she plans the perfect birthday parties, brings in the cutest treats and has a 
fabulously dressed genius kid?  Well, that would be ME!... 
In my DREAMS (just kidding)! 
 Ok, the fabulously dressed genius kid I have, but the rest... that's just too exhausting to even think about.  I have no desire for that.  I'm the mom with the '93 Volvo wagon, the SuperCuts haircut for $7.99, cute TJ Maxx outfits and an ok purse that I've probably left somewhere... but that's OK!  Cause I can make a MEAN poster for my fabulously dressed genius kids class!!  
Ok, I have to say, I did NOT cut these by hand...I used my cricut!
Ahhh, the wonders of this machine!!!  I think EVERYONE should have one!! I'd love to say provocraft has given me one to give-away... but they haven't :( Boo!
This can do so MANY things and even if you think you're aren't real "crafty" or "artsy", this thing makes you look GENIUS!!
Love that Mummy!!
Ok, I'm done bragging!
and please don't forget... The Baby/Kid Hat Drive
IF IF IF I should expect 1 (or more) hats from you would you kindly drop me a note at:
chinamommy_04@yahoo.com and let me know, I would really appreciate it!  I'm thinking of making this an annual event, so if you miss this year, don't sweat it!
and here's the info 
a little plug about my BABY/KID HAT DRIVE

As most of you know, my daughter was adopted from China and I left a little piece of my heart there.  I'm collecting hats to keep the children and babies warm in the winter.  Many live in orphanages that are without heat.
1. make a baby hat, toddler hat, or kid sized hat 
(you can take the non-crafty way out and buy one if you must)
2. Send to:
David Shellenbarger
c/o chinamommy
146 E Main
Caledonia, MI 49316
3. I need them in my hot little hands BY Oct 31, 2010.
4. I'll take care of shipping them to CHINA this fall.
any questions- please feel free to email me!!
chinamommy_04@yahoo.com ...
Ok, duh.. just realized I didn't have the correct email before, now it IS correct!!
chinamommy_04@yahoo.com




3 comments:

BundlesofBlossoms said...

I know those moms, oh too well, and was hoping by the time you finshed writing that paragraph you weren't "that mom" HAHAHAHA!

Sigh......relief!

Loved the posters by the way. Great job!

Sincerely,

The other TJ Maxx, Quicky Cuts, paid off Dodge Caravan driving mama:)

Angela said...

Love my Cricut! I bought this Christmas cartridge last year and I haven't even opened it yet. But, you have inspired me to maybe crack it open before the Holiday begin - oh who am I kidding? I bet it will still be in the box next Christmas!

Angela said...

Oh and I didn't even say - love your poster because I got all self centered in my comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...