Monday, October 11, 2010

Final Day of ArtPrize in GR...

I don't know how quickly these pictures are going to download, i think i took these pics on the highest setting so I could print them out.  I hear that you can somehow magically make them small using photoshop, but  like 100 other things right now, I have no idea how to do that.  Next blog post: 
All The Things chinamommy Does NOT Know How To Do With Her: Camera,  Computer, Blog and Photoshop!
Sunday was the last day of artprize here in Grand Rapids, MI
Here is my brother with his painting.  I know, I know... it's like we're twins- we're always getting mistaken for one another.
 My brother in line for his "swag bag"
 Me...sadly behind the line because it's for ARTISTS ONLY!!  But let's talk about my shirt... isn't it cute!!??
 a painted WALL!!!  it's HUGE
 photo by my brother... all the dripped paint below the painting.
  3rd place WINNER.  It was AMAZING!!!  Every red disk was hung by a red thread attached to a NEEDLE!!  there were 100's, the sheer number of them made it amazing! 
Of course I loved this piece, not only because it was gorgeous to look at, but it was based on this Chinese proverb which means so much to the adoption community
 The Invisible Red Thread

"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break."  -Ancient Chinese Proverb 
don't ask me how a RED thread can be invisible or how they can know it's red when it's invisible, I'm also baffled by this...

Don't forget, the deadline for my baby/kid hat drive is getting close!
Oct 31st...
Here are the details:

a little plug about my BABY/KID HAT DRIVE
As most of you know, my daughter was adopted from China and I left a little piece of my heart there.  I'm collecting hats to keep the children and babies warm in the winter.  Many live in orphanages that are without heat.
1. make a baby hat, toddler hat, or kid sized hat 
(you can take the non-crafty way out and buy one if you must)
2. Send to:
David Shellenbarger
c/o chinamommy
146 E Main
Caledonia, MI 49316
3. I need them in my hot little hands BY Oct 31, 2010.
4. I'll take care of shipping them to CHINA this fall.
any questions- please feel free to email me!!
chinamommy@yahoo.com

Thank you to those who have participated so far, I'll be giving an update with all the donors and pictures at the end!!  
Can't wait to see them ALL together!

2 comments:

Funny in My Mind said...

Love his art!
I also love your shirt, you can never go wrong with black and polka dots are even better.
I would not have the patience to hang all of those dots, geesh.

chinamommy said...

i have NO IDEA how she hung all of those, to take it down, I would just have to give it a yank! it was pretty amazing. I wish my bro had a website for his artwork... he's SO talented!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...