Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oops... forgive me!

I know i said i would be right back with pictures of my projects, but... parent conferences, a visit to friend of the court (don't get me started..) & just some misc. anxiety got in the way... that & the fact that i am THE QUEEN of Procrastination (i should make a crown for that...).
BUT- I do have a picture of my glitter banner that i am SOOOO pleased with...

I will be the 1st to admit, my pictures are bad... they are NOT good at all, maybe because it's my least favorite part- being all technical & junk, or maybe it's my camera? (again with the "hint, hint"). The letters want to turn a little bit so i'm going to put those little sticky clear thingy's are the back & press the string into them, or... string it on a thicker ribbon- not sure yet. The string is that bakers string by Martha Stewart. 6 Cute little rolls that have no beginning or end... Seriously, i had to just cut & hope i was close to 1 end or the other. Anyone else use this? I hunted that little 1 inch roll for WAY too long before i said "forget it" & hacked right into it! And the glitter for this project?! I swear, i felt like i should be wearing nipple covers & swinging on a POLE! It was everywhere...

Because i said i would post pictures that very next day & i didn't, i am offering up a "peace offering" of CAULIFLOWER! haha! Actually, i found this recipe on another blog (forgive me for not mentioning names, but i read so many of these darn things... i think she was a vegetarian though, if that helps!).

It is SOOOOOOOO good & a GREAT Winter recipe:

1 large head of cauliflower

1/2 cup bread crumbs (i used plain, she used seasoned- YOU pick)

2 TB grated Parm Cheese

1/4 C melted butter (I used 1/8 C & it was too much for me, but if you know me well, you know i am somewhat of a FREAK about NOT using butter- although IF i use it, it must be REAL, none of that 1 molecule away from plastic crap for me!)

1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp salt

1 pinch dried oregano/1 pinch red pepper flakes (YUM)

clean & trim the leaves& brown spots off the cauliflower (duh), cut into bite sized pieces then put in a steamer basket w/ 1 inch water in the pan. Cover & boil about 15-20 min (till tender)

Pre-heat your oven to 375 & get a medium bowl for some mixin'

Put all your dry ingredients in the bowl with the butter that is MELTED. Once the cauliflower is done, mix it with the breadcrumb mix & put in a baking dish. Bake this @ 375 till golden brown, or 15 min.

You WILL thank me later, or that vegetarian if you happen to run into her! Darling daughter loved it & according to her "i only liked cauliflower when i was a baby, right Mom?" I was going to post a picture of the cauliflower but it was gobbled up, lickety split...

*~*ENJOY... *~*

I'm off to FINISH those custom orders that are headed to CHICAGO this Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...