Monday, November 17, 2008

SNOW? Seriously...?

The view from my back window...
Is it REALLY that time... snow? Ugh... It's not like i don't know it's coming, i DO live in Michigan. Not just Michigan, but the west side where we get that stuff called "lake effect". It's not so much the snow that i hate... it's the COLD! The cold just hurts me to the bone, literally!
The other part of winter that we ALL hate- the flu, the colds, the gross little noses... Darling daughter's been coughing & the runny nose.... ugh... I feel like i have to wipe EVERYTHING down with these wipes:


i went around this morning wiping light switches & door knobs, oh & the flusher on the toilet... i could let this disinfecting get a little out of control- ha! It's just that constant mental picture of her touching her face, coughing into her hand, wiping her nose then touching EVERY surface in the house... well, EXCEPT the flusher on the toilet! I sure wish i could get her to touch THAT! I've been known to write on the underside of the toilet seat with a sharpie marker "put the seat & lid down", now maybe i need to color the flusher HOT PINK or something... anyway...




A couple new projects going on:



When i first brought darling daughter home from China, my Church was updating their "baby bay". They had someone come in & take pictures of several of the little ones. The photo's were then mounted on canvas & hung all over the nursery. I was so excited when darling was hung in the front window of the nursery. The church i go to is an old MALL, seriously, a mall! I'm pretty sure the baby area use to be a tanning salon, so the "front window" is a large display area. (oh great a banner is running across the bottom of my tv screen, my county is under a Lake Effect Snow Advisory....). Now, 4 years later, they've re-decorated the baby area, & i was lucky enough to get this large b/w photograph. This is just an idea i drew on the plastic with a... sharpie (of course- i sharpies!!). I'm going to paint the canvas a solid color & then add something whimsical, i think it's going to be SOOO cute... how could it not, look at that face!!
I also bought the deep cut blade for my cricut http://cricut.com/ I'm really excited about it, now that i figured out how to change the settings, so it cuts thru chipboard without making a sound like it's tearing the machine apart! Here's a sneak peak at my 1st project:

I hope to finish it today, get it hung & then I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I need to get going i have 2 custom orders that i HAVE to get done...

a special birthday "cutie~cupcake" & an embellished putter! FUN!! Since those must, must, MUST be done today, I'll post pictures of those tomorrow also...

Have a GREAT Monday... & stay WARM!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...