Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm here... i swear i am!

Oh brother, i feel like i've taken a mini-vacation only in my head... i've been busy, very busy doing... NOTHING?! or was i?.... i don't know where the days have gone, but yesterday darling daughter had her 1st SNOW DAY, so every second i tried to sit down in the art room, i heard "MOM?"....



Gosh, i can hardly remember WANTING to go out in the cold- YUCK! I'm in till June!


We're busy bee's getting ready for CHRISTmas! I told my in laws that the party MUST be here since i wasn't decorating this much just for us! Hubby got lights on the outside of the house, wrapped lights & greens around the front posts & hung a wreath! We are looking F~E~S~T~I~V~E! Darling daughter even put up her very own mini-tree... that is VERY exciting when you are 5!

Don't you love that renegade hair "plop" in the middle of her face? No matter what clip i use there is that wild chunk that wants to lay front & center....


As you know (if you've been reading my blog for a while) i am having a LOVE AFFAIR... a love affair with the color TURQUOISE! (& i've added a bit o' red to the mix!). I snapped a few picture in the art room after noticing i'm not keeping this affair so secret...




I've been reading several blogs for quite a while now & have been totally in awe of all the mixed media goodies that are out there. I guess deep in my heart i am more of a found object, mixed media, collage artist than anything else. I found this GREAT lady on ebay that sells all kinds of digital sheets with vintage images that she's "fixed up" & sells on CD. Lisas Altered Art (but her name is Patty- ha!) Her website is http://www.lisasalteredart.com/ . I found something i wanted, paid for it & then, of course found more... she was so nice to add another sheet to the CD free & give me any others i wanted for a GREAT price PLUS gave me another disk free since she was starting a sale the next day! I'm busy working on some things that I'll try to get posted tomorrow...



Some pretty stuff...



I ♥♥♥ this star chandelier by Wendy Addison




& this frou-frou bird-cage by Jenn at SweetEyeCandyCreations!






and some goodies from Debrina Pratt - who i think is genius in the cute department!! See some of her cute mixed media pieces below & then google her to see more:


Oh, oh... i'm inspired now, better go while the spirit is moving me!! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...