Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mixed Media pieces...


I've been promising my new mixed media pieces, so here is what i have done so far. I didn't realize i would spend soooo much time waiting for glue, medium, layers of acrylic & paint to dry. The fumes were making me wish for summer & OPEN WINDOWS! If i start chattering in nonsense- you'll know the fumes did me in or perhaps no one would notice! Please forgive the horrid photo's. I had a real JERK as an art prof, so perhaps i wasn't paying attention on the day he told how to get great product shots, or then again... maybe i need that fancy new camera for Christmas.... Yes, yes, i DO use the blog to put a bug in hubby's ear!!!! I'd LOVE to hear what kind of camera you use & any tips are always appreciated....


My 1st piece is "Sugar Fairy"


Real silver German Glass glitter on the edge of the tin



I'm getting some glare off the glaze that's on everything. The little sugar fairy sits "out" away from the background. See her little bird with the feather in his hair?




The next piece is a little cupcake sweetie!



She sits on her cupcake inside this cute box. I made a little flag banner that hangs behind her. There is an acrylic "window" that will go in the front opening, but with my pictures being as sad as they are, the last thing i needed was more GLARE...

I'm not sure what i'm going to do with this little embellished cupcake yet, but thought i would show it too...




I've also been working on some Christmas Banners, here is the one hanging on my fireplace:




and this final picture.... groan, groan... I don't even want to show it, it is SO bad, BUT... this is the coolest decoration (possibly) ever!


i found it on this craft site & as soon as i can remember the name of it, i'll post it because they have some amazing shots of it. I know by my picture you're thinking "coolest decoration ever"? BUT, it is so beautiful in person & so easy!! I am lucky enough to have a cricut (thanks to my wonderful husband- who was still the manfriend at that time) so i cut out 100's of little circles with no work at all (if you have a circle punch that would work too, i used a 1" circle). I hung fish line (they use dental floss on the website... but i love the shimmer of the fish line & cheap? hello- a whole role for a few bucks!) on my curtain rods then used 6 "snow dots" for each strand. You actually use 12 circles, put glue on 1 stick it on the fish line & put another (circle) on top of the 1 with glue. They move just slightly & look SO cute, i'm leaving them up ALL winter! My daughter loved handing me the circles & counting them out in groups of 6- so it was a great kid friendly craft for us. I'm off to hung for that website, because i think EVERYONE should have "snow" in their windows!!!

Enjoy & again... I'd love to hear what camera you're using!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...