Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pretty, Pretty easy that is!

I was talking about this with someone lately and they had no idea what I was talking about (it's happened before) so I'm here to share!
This is an easy, fun, and pretty little summer craft:
Dying Queen Anne's Lace!

If you've never done this, give it a try!
It's easy for kids and will keep them entertained for a while.
1. find an assortment of jars and vases.
2. get some food coloring
3. fill the jars with cold water and add the food coloring
We added about 12-16 drops in each jar, darker does work better!
4. Go cut yourself some Queen Anne's lace, you DO have it where you live don't you?
It's everywhere around us, just watch out for it's pal, poison ivy!
5. Trim your stems and stick them in the water, the magic happens pretty quickly...
by the next day you SHOULD see some of the color, remember to trim the ends right before they go into the water even though you just cut them in the yard!
We found we had the best luck with blue!
Try to get the freshest blooms you can, I waited a bit late this year and for some reason, the dead blooms don't suck up the water very well, duh!


Oh yeah, check your flowers OUTSIDE for bugs and spiders!  I found a wormy looking thing and a spider on a stem of mine AFTER they'd been in the house overnight.  I'm not really afraid of bugs but for some reason they startled me and when I pulled that stem out of the vase I did this weird dance/freak-out move that hurt my neck!  It was kind of like Elaine from Seinfeld dancing....
I'm going down to my studio today!!!
Oh, we had a great time with our friends yesterday, didn't get to the beach 'cause we were too busy looking at cute shops!
Darling ALMOST made it home....

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

C. said...

Wow, you should have been a florist! And...I heart Elaine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...