Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Apothecary Jar Bird Nest Tutorial-DIY

I know you're busy putting a bird on it (last Monday's video...) but how about puttin' a bird IN it?!  I love those glass apothecary jars, but some of them can get pretty pricey.  I kept my eyes open and found this one at Michael's for $9.99 plus it was 40% off!  I knew just what I wanted to do with it...
Now this is Easy-Peasy, seriously, it's for "crafty-wanna-bees" (you know who you are!).  Grab yourself a glass container, some green sheet moss, a pre-made wicker nest and some small plastic Easter eggs.
I sprayed the glass with windex to start and noticed the hole in the middle went ALL the way to the bottom on this one... 
Since I didn't want moss falling into the bottom, I took some packing tape, cut it in a circle and put it over the hole.
Then I (actually Darling) put down a layer of sheet moss (you might want to shake some of the "crumbs" off into the trash)
After we put this in, I went back and filled it in a little better so it was more round and filled in the bottom of the bowl better.
We put the nest down inside, put 3 turquoise eggs in and...
THAT'S IT!
Easy AND Cute!
Now....
Go Put a Bird In It!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

LOVE it!! ...and you know I "put a bird on it" yesterday :)

Melanie said...

I love apothecary jars too! I am on a hunt for some different sized ones for my kitchen, and what a better thing to do with them than PUT A BIRD IN/ON IT!!!???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...