Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Got a dumpster? I'd like to dive in it....

You know that funky smell at Goodwill and Salvation Army? 
Kind of a musty, old shoe smell... Well, that's the way I smell right now! 
I've been hanging out at those places this week; me and the rest of the hoarders in town!  Now that I've been watching the show "Hoarders" on A&E, I look at everyone in those stores differently, you know, watching for the person with their cart full of butter tubs!  I will say that the one frustrating part of thrifting is not being able to walk in and find 25 things I'm looking for!  IF I find a couple, then it's a good trip!  It's not that instant gratification I happen to like...but then again, don't we all?
I just keep telling myself the hunt is part of the fun, but with gas going on $946,582 per gallon...it could put a damper on my daily hunting!! 
Here's a little sneak peak ...
from this:
(yep, that's grout in the tile!! Yeah for the Mister!)
To this:

The start of something really cute...

I should have taken a before....but here is a little turquoise eye candy

a couple ugly ducklings ready to be transformed
and
a couple new colors...
Do you like Satin or Gloss better? I'm kinda loving GLOSS right now...
Time to go get my kiddo off the bus... This day flew by and even though I started this post at 9:30 am.... it's now after 3:30! Gotta love the camera battery dying mid photo shoot!
Happy Hump Day!

6 comments:

LeeLu Creations said...

Yes!! All thrift stores must have that funk going on. Have these places not heard of Febreeze?

And it does look like you have the start of some cuteness going on there. The pink poodle is super girly fun and the bird is cute too. Can't wait to see more!

Lanyardlady said...

Cute stuff with creative spray treatment! Keep enjoying the thrill of the hunt.

Angela said...

LOVE it all!! Except the "waiting to be transformed" what is that in the top photo? I like gloss better as well - unless I am giving something more of a farmhouse vibe - then I go with matte. Spray on, sister, spray on!!

Oh and I don't have a "Goodwill" I have only been to one and I didn't really get it...maybe you could hit up some estate sales? The website is - estatesales.net

chinamommy said...

couldn't you tell it's a lamp? haha! This summer we WILL hit some estate sales, but remember Angela, it's still in the low 20's here!! :) Us Michiganders are still trapped inside :)

Shewearscrazywell said...

Ha ha..we sure are...I am reading on other blogs about the heat wave...ha ha! I love your items, so cute...keep it up, your going in a great direction! hearts, janna lynn

C. said...

Very fun, Chinamommy, very fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...