Monday, September 22, 2008

watching plaster dry....

well i'm not really "watching" it dry, more like waiting for it to dry. i have my latest project in the works & am SOOO excited about it. The problem with the new project is: the prep work- ugh! i just want to dig in & get started, but waiting for things to dry with this idea is just part of it. I waited last week for my vintage jello mold tins to arrive & they finally showed up Saturday, so it IS moving forward...
i was having so many problems last week getting pictures to load, so I'll get those posted now, while i have 3 bars!! The first one is a granite etching of my daughter, when she was 11 months old. I had this done while in China & they are just amazing! I wish i had the picture of the girl making it, but for some reason in 2004.... i feared the digital camera. I don't have any of my China pictures anywhere but IN a photo album. The girls that make these go to school to learn this process & basically they tap into granite with this giant pencil looking tool that has a metal tip instead of lead. Everything white in the picture has been tapped into the granite.


The next picture i was trying to add: these freaky little Halloween cats. I them!! darling daughter is very afraid of them but they're all paper mache & kitchy & vintage looking, so i MUST put them out. Lucky for her, it only happens once a year! Can you even believe we're staring AUTUMN in the face? As of TODAY, it's here!! Halloween, just around the corner!!

Ok, i better get off the computer & back to the art room before my entire day is gone & i'm back at the bus stop waiting for darling daughter (who is LOVING kindergarten, by the way!).
Have a good Monday & look for more posts this week... I'm painting a bathroom the color turquoise!!! Very similar (VERY) to this ♥ ♥ ♥. Of course, pictures will be posted when I (who am i kidding...) when the MANFRIEND finishes painting it!! I only like the start of a project or the very final step of putting the decor up... It has to be primed since right now it's PURPLE. I've always been a BIG fan of purple, but after buying my 2nd house as a single gal & making it very girlie with LOTS of purple (including my kitchen counters) I kinda "purpled out". The new color scheme is: with some touches of black...
ok, off i go...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...