Monday, May 3, 2010

Home again, home again bumpity bump!

Yeah, that's right, I made it back- the plane didn't go down and I didn't get stuck in that oil in the Mississippi.
The Ole' Miss, The mighty Miss...
We got on the plane in our home town around 7 am
i was thrilled...clearly.
The Mister said we sat on the runway for an hour- how would I know? I took Xanex and snoozed the time away.
We flew into Cleveland and had 6 min to run to the opposite end of the airport to catch our flight to New Orleans.  The Mister thinks he's all in shape now.
The flight takes off, I'm calm, I took Xanex!
I'm in the potty washing my hands and over the speaker they announce we better sit down and buckle up because we're flying into a thunderstorm and we're probably all going to die after the plane throws us around for a while.  I'm pretty sure that's what they said, that's what I heard!
I calmly scream and run up the aisle to my seat.  I grab the hand of the stewardess and tell her I'm a freak and pretty much realize I'm going to die and could she just shoot me in the face to save me from embarrassing myself?
Next thing you know I'm in 1st class with enough leg room for Michael Jordan, snuggled under her (Barb the stewardess- who I was too traumatized to get a picture of...dang!) very own PRIVATE blankie sipping thousand dollar a glass champagne and eating baby fish eggs on golden crackers!  It was awesome and even more awesome...
I didn't die!
We got to our room at the JW Marriott in New Orleans and I took a 4 hour nap.  Drama wears me out!
New Orleans...
The King and I.

We ate delicious food (ever hear of Butter Fish?) that tore up my stomach (I'll save you the details), saw things I never want to see again (Bourbon St=cellulite booties in thongs and boobies-not nice big round plastic ones, more like the kind that look like an old knee high panty hose), went to the aquarium, met a lot of cool people (you know who you are!!), and were in a PARADE!
Yep, they totally closed down the roads for our group of 400+ and we paraded down Bourbon Street and threw beads at drunks...it was AWESOME!

On Saturday morning... Oh wait, I just checked and it was MONDAY morning that we got on the ship! I'm all screwed up...
Anyway, we loaded up on giant buses like rock stars minus the meth, and headed off to the ship!  We checked in and the next thing you know...
We were headed down the Miss... the Mighty Miss!
I'll be back tomorrow with some goodies... I took pictures just for YOU!!  You know how I love you all and even though I had my head in a bottle of run and was busy doing the electric slide, the cha-cha slide and the cupid shuffle... I thought of you!


5 comments:

C. said...

Good to have you back! In one piece! See you on the 10th!

Melanie said...

So glad you had fun and didn't die! I'm jealous that your freak-out got your first class treatment. Hope to hear more about the trip soon.

The construction is the same. At least they aren't on my street anymore except to plant big trucks during the day. They are on both streets I need to use to get out, so that's always fun.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela said...

Yay!! Can't wait to hear more!!

♥zoe♥ said...

Arrrggg cutie! Missed you HEAPS....
Thank god to see your msg in my FB and in my blog! You rock girl, life is too short and enjoy the max with your handsome mister:) I was in Malaysia couple of days ago just need to escape to my mom's place and stay as long as possible.
Cute pictures of you! And i love you SOOOO MUCH! Have a wonderful weeks ahead lady:)

xoxo
♥zoe♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...