Friday, May 14, 2010

The Old Grey Mare, she ain't what she use to be...

I guess since I no longer have a job to think about, I've decided to focus on all my personal/physical flaws.  I don't like being 41, I've said it before, but you know I'll say it again (and again, and again, and again, and again...you know how I am!).  I just want to be 23 again, make different life choices and take better care of myself!  Don't get me wrong, I have taken care of myself- I was a runner for YEARS (and am going to be one again THIS summer!!), I've deprived myself of eating whatever I want (fries from Wendy's and oreo cakesters), I've gone to bed early, I've never smoked (ever!), I don't tan and really never have (except for the annual cruise),  I wear my seat belt, I don't over drink, I see my Dr. yearly, I get a flu shot, I shower daily, I moisturize, I see my dentist, I floss every time I eat anything...
Geesh, I am a FREAKING square!!
But, as I believe, there is ALWAYS room for improvement!!
Let's start with my lashes... Can they ever be too long or too thick?
NO, they can't!!  Are mine thinning?  No, but why wait till it's too late!  Mascara sometimes irritates my contacts so I've tried false eyelashes, but then Brooke Shields was telling how years of wearing false eyelashes while modeling did damage to hers and she has to use that Latisse... So now the falsie's scare me- you know with all my modeling gigs and my desire to overreact.
Let me introduce my new BFF:
Lash enhancer!!

I've only been using it since Monday night, so we'll be following this story
Here are my lashes at the start of this experiment:
Next up... my FACE



If you've been reading for a while you know how I believe EVERYTHING from those "as seen on TV adds"
A few years back OPRAH listed a Clarisonic as one of her favorite things, so of course, I knew I had to have one.  They run right around $200.  I bid on one several over at ebay but never was the WINNER.  I tried the $15 Neutrogena wave

I'm on my 3rd one- dropping them in the shower does nothing good for them!  They're ok, like I said, but I tend to prefer something that feels like broken glass being rubbed into my face - I want to know it's REALLY working!  So like a voice from Heaven the ladies from HSN popped up as I was channel flipping the other night...
Don't ya know their Nutra Sonic facial cleanser was on SALE and get this...
FREE Shipping!! 
 I was all over that word free and before I knew what happened I was at the computer ordering one!
So, now this little baby is on it's way to me!
You know, the Mister is only 6 days shy of being exactly 10 1/2 years OLDER than me, so I have to work very hard to keep up this trophy wife status!
A little boy in Darling's class has a dad who's a Plastic Surgeon... No, no, I don't want new boobs (with my goal of becoming a runner again that's the last thing I need), but a little tweak to my nose would be a wonderful anniversary gift- me thinks!
Although the thought of that man taking a hammer to my nose probably will ensure me living with my current schnaz forever!
Ok ladies, have a GREAT weekend!  I think I'll lay out in the sun while smoking Camel 
non-filters and taking shots of Wild Turkey!

Also, I'll just be making a little plug about the BABY HAT DRIVE at the end of each post:
As most of you know, my daughter was adopted from China and I left a little piece of my heart there.  I'm collecting hats to keep the children and babies warm in the winter.  Many live in orphanages that are without heat.
1. make a baby hat, toddler hat, or kid sized hat (you can take the non-crafty way out and buy one if you must)
2. email me at: chinamommy_04@yahoo.com for my address.
3. I'll take care of shipping them to CHINA next fall.
any questions- please feel free to email me!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So many comments! First, don't touch your nose. It is cute, and exactly as God intended. Plus, they really do hammer the hell out of that and it just makes me squeeemy.

Master Bates!? I love that movie and cannot even fully admit that I did not get the Master Bates thing until a few years ago!

Love the new blog design, but I know the wonky issue. I had to correct a few of those on mine, but once I took out some other things I had design-wise, it cleared up. I guess they don't like you to mix free designers.

I think you might need some help help with your exfolliation issues. You are not supposed to use the stuff like sand because they scratch and tear. You must use the microbeads and stuff like that. Be kind to your skin.

Now, I must say, I try to drink as much as I can handle, only exercise to get out of trouble, and have been known to smoke a smokey with my "mommy drinks". That said, I think that we should all have our limits, but I think your limits might be infringing on your fun!

Pro-Portional said...

Sad faces!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wendy's fries - I think they are for the super win!

And I'd miss a good Margarita - but I guess I really wouldn't if I'd never had one.

I may not be a smoker but I do enjoy a trip to the hookah bar.

Melanie is right hang looooooooooooooooooooooooose honey!

As for lashes - you're right. They never be too sexxxy!. However, I did go to high school with a fellow whose lashes MAY have managed to be TOO long.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...