Saturday, December 5, 2009

Everything Brittle...

No, I'm not talking about brittle bones... I found this in the little free paper that comes to the house & thought I'd post it, sounds YUMMY!
Everything Brittle
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup cashews (if your husband hasn't eaten them all- Grr!)
1/4 cup crushed peanuts
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Cover a shallow cookie sheet (one with a lip all the way around, is there such thing as one where the lip doesn't go all the way around? I thought that was kinda weird) with tin foil & lightly oil it.
In a lg. saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add sugar & cream of tartar, stir until just mixed & wait until mixture starts to bubble & caramelize.
Add remaining ingredients & stir until threads appear. Remove from heat & IMMEDIATELY pour onto the tin foil. Let cool for at least 15-20 min. before breaking up & letting your husband/kids/friends scarf it down!

Darling daughter & I are going to make Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies this weekend, I'll take pictures & let you know how it goes!
Tonight the Mister & I have some fancy schmancy Christmas dinner & a show... He's hunting right now & darling & I are off to a craft show to see what's hot in Christmas crafts. I sure hope it's not a lot of that plastic canvas gunk...
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...