Thursday, December 31, 2009

Well, it's that time of year again...

I thought I'd leave 2009 with a year in photographs... 
Hope you enjoy:

In January:
We had a NY eve party
My pal & I did what we do best... act like dorks!

We went skiing at Crystal Mtn in northern Michigan

In February we:
went to Maui

I BEGGED daily to never return to MI & yes, I really could live there & no, I wouldn't miss the seasons!

I reluctantly turned 40 (although I don't think I minded at this very moment).





In March:
we got rid of the snow & tried out the Barbie roller skates


In April: 
we got ready for Easter


we colored eggs with DOMO

& we cruised the Caribbean

while dressed in our best!

In May:
we did nothing (obviously)

In June:
we ended kindergarten...insert the sound of a mother weeping!

We got ice cream!

celebrated the 5 year anniversary of darling daughters adoption!  What a WONDERFUL 5 Years!! 
Adopt a kid, save YOUR life!

In July:
we watched fireworks

we added a puppy to the family & watched our girl turn 6

In August we:
wished the mister a happy #51

saw double rainbows in our backyard!

 picked Michigan blueberries!

& pretended to camp at a hotel... Our friends tried to show us how fun camping was...

In September we:
packed the garden away

added this little 1993 beauty

went to Art Prize in downtown Grand Rapids, MI

& sent this little gal on to 1st grade (insert the sound of a mother weeping)

In October we:
Went to the pumpkin patch
& celebrated our wedding anniversary (nope, not 1 picture of that...)

glittered skulls

& the Mister shot an elk

we watched the leaves in our yard get ready to fall & I laid in the fetal position because winter was staring into my face

Christian came to town

I found Jesus in a salvage yard


I sent my princess to school as a vampire bat

My dear cousin got engaged to the man of her dreams (no, that's not him, that's me!)

In December we:
started decorating for Christmas:
Happy Birthday Jesus!

we went to see Santa

we proved our dog was a boy despite his pink coat

& then we thought about how very lucky we are!!
Thanks to all of you that take the time to read about my goofy adventures, look at my artwork & leave me comments- I can't tell you how much it means to me!!
I hope 2010 brings many wonderful things to you & yours!!

7 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I LOVE reading your posts. You always make me smile and the wee one is just the cutest!

Many Blessings to you and your family for the New Year!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Angela said...

I was so busy over Christmas! I just caught up with your blog! whew.

Happy New Year!!

Kugo said...

Hope you have a wonderful 2010! Keep on blogging and I will keep on reading and love all the pictures!

Unknown said...

Loved seeing your year in review! I am right there with you about winter. . .if you think of flying south, call me and I'll tag along! ;-) Have a wonderful start to your new year girlie!

Anonymous said...

What a darling blog you have and such a fabulous year you shared! Found you through LuLu's blog and really enjoyed my visit!
♥Sharon

Anonymous said...

Love love love the year in review! So cute and great pics!

Unknown said...

Ok, I just read every word. God has lavished creativity over you! I'm going to pass along a bit of who you are to another friend of mine in GR who you remind me of. A cherished friend that works for Steelcase. Rock on girl! May your new year surprise you with special moments in unexpected places.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...