Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies!!!

Well, it's that time of the year...
Christmas Cookie Time!
Last year I heard of this FABULOUS drink: Mexican Hot Chocolate!! Cinnamon & Chocolate- my favorite combination-evahhhhhhh! So good! When I saw this recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies, I knew I had to have them!
1st gather your supplies, then WASH your hands!:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
6 tablespoons of margarine softened (I used REAL butter because I don't eat food that's 1 molecule away from plastic... but that's just me!)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Generous pinch of ground BLACK pepper (it's TRUE!)
Generous pinch of Cayenne pepper (NO, I'm serious!!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 an overripe banana or... i used a MOTT's mango peach apple sauce (for once I didn't have a rotten banana sitting around- the apple sauce worked just fine!!)
pre-heat your oven to 350
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt in a med bowl. Mix thoroughly with a whisk. Set aside.
Combine the sugars in a small bowl & mix well with fingers pressing out any lumps. ( I hope you store your brown sugar in the freezer, for some reason mine wasn't & it was like a chunk of rock & when i tried to break it up it flew EVERYWHERE... i found pieces of it in my bra...
moving on...)
In a med. mixing bowl, beat margarine/butter until creamy. Add sugar mixture, cinnamon, peppers, & vanilla. Beat on high for about 1 min. Beat in banana or applesauce.
Add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until incorporated. Roll into 1 inch balls & place on greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 min. Cool on a wire rack.
Lick the whisk (NO RAW EGGS!!)
Wash your hands then-
Eat till you puke!
Chocolaty & Spicy!!
Hope you ❤❤❤ these!
Recipe from Jan Holst/Penasee Globe.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

mmmm they sound & look wonderful... Haagan Daas used to have a flavor "Myan Chocolate" that was cho + cinnamon...simply delightful

Anonymous said...

Those look amazing.

And I lick the beaters regardless of eggs. I live on the edge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...