Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Redecorating my Home...

Makes me a little PSYCHO!  Do you do this: Pick out colors, styles, or maybe even furniture then change your mind?!  No matter what I do, no matter what I pick out, the moment I do... I find something I like BETTER!  I will say, I am still in love with my kitchen and am waiting for the day The Mister gets the edge of the counters done, the trim back up and the grout put in the back splash, but... I still LOVE the colors I picked and the tile and the granite.
Now if I can just get those stainless appliances!!!
I'm still on the fence with my great room... I now realize until I get new furniture there is NO way I'm picking a paint color until I do.  There is no cut off, so once I pick a color it is the ENTIRE: kitchen, dining and living area.
I thought I had my lower level all figured out then I found this...
Now I just need to find a turquoise velvet couch.... It's funny because I've been collecting picture frames in that purply pink color... I knew I was on to something!
I re-did our bedroom last year and I still like that but realized it needed "more". The walls are WAY too bare and it needs more "hand made" touches!  It's just too serious and plain right now...

 this is a silk painting I picked up in China...
I really like the orange with the black and blue...So,
 I'm going to add some more orange to our room, I think that will help.  Do you remember those sweater covered pillows from brassyapple.blogspot??
I found the perfect orange sweater to make one for our room! Let me give ya a little HINT about buying thrifted sweaters... SNIFF THE PITTS!!  I bought 2 sweaters, 1 stunk SOOOOOOOOOO bad I had to pitch it!  After you wash them and run them through the dryer if they're stanky... the stink will come rollin off the pits when the dryer steams them- SO GROSS!

I really think my rooms needs this bed, find it here: attiladesign
~swoon~
I definitely am drawn to a more whimsical colorful style, but right now my house doesn't really show that.  
I AM making this bunting and hanging it across my living room...
I am, I am, I am!
image found here: WHATEVER!
What style do you like?  Do you want to change 5 min. after you finish a room or do you never finish...
Ok, thanks for letting me rant a bit... I have a DIY ready for tomorrow, a little Valentine Cake Flag project...
Don't forget to go to yesterday's post to get in on the champagne soap give-away!

7 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

I am not a decorator so I stick with neutral color palettes and add color through accessories. I know if I picked any color I would change my mind within hours. The turquoise and purple room is gorgeous, though.

myminimocs said...

the photo of your home are beautiful!!! my house is definitely a reflection of me too... so it's got some great style mixed with lots of fun!!! :)

chinamommy said...

i think i take SO long to finish a room that by the time i'm 1/2 way in, i found something I like better...ugh!

Melanie said...

We did every room of our house when we moved in 7 years ago and have only changed the boys' room and the playroom. Aside from updating the kitchen and bath, nothing else has changed and I still like it all. I like when things are different and make the house feel all new and special, but nothing makes it feel as cozy and homey to me as the way it is now, so I leave it. I am getting my bedroom and living room painted lighter colors since we went pretty dark - just in case we end up selling soon.

considerthelillies said...

that bed with the trees is awesome!!And I love pennants too! My daughter made me some and they have been in the space between my dining and living rooms ever since. I feel like every day is a party with them happily hanging!

Angela said...

Yes, as soon as I get finished - I want to change it all over again! Well, you know I love some orange!!! Mix it with blue and it is heaven to me!! Too funny about the stinky pits! I use to love bright and whimsical but now I am getting more and more drawn to a modern country feel. I am starting to like white - which is crazy!! But I just love all the weathered white rooms with all the vintage details.

Amber Zimmerman said...

Love your kitchen. . .and the teal couch! AAAAGHHH. . .look on craigslist. I'll bet you'll find one there. You should make something for your room with your silhouette! ;-)
*I've been avoiding my blog* It pressures me lately. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...