Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Send down the search dogs..

but only you've given them a BATH! You know how I am about doggie-smells...  I've been down in my lower level cleaning as if we were moving, which we AREN'T!  I have never gotten rid of one outfit that belongs to my Darling...not 1 since I adopted her in 04!  She's a girl (obviously), she's the daughter I ALWAYS wanted, I use her as a canvas to show off cute girl clothing, I am a bit obsessive about my clothes shopping for her....so can you even image the amount of baby clothing I've been going through?  Ok, so it's nothing like my pal- Momof5, who has 2 girls, but still, feel my pain!  Thankfully, I have 3 friends with little girls that I've been able to pass the torch to.  I've kept a couple special outfits from each size... I have to.  I've also gone through every box, bag, and shelf in my studio "storage" room...it's insane!  I watched a marathon of "Hoarders" on Sunday and one episode featured an "Artist" that couldn't throw out ANYTHING! She was going to use it in her mixed media artwork...I felt her pain!
See that bottom shelf? Yes, there is an egg carton there, or I should say- "there WAS an egg carton".
 this is after I cleared the floor and cleared the end shelves...but before I did "Psycho Mom Organize Fest"
Yes, I swept the entire floor with the attachment, there were those sparkly party toothpicks all over...
 the studio itself is also undergoing a purge.... 
 how cool is this shoe rack for my cricut cartridges?
So, I'm on day 4 of cleaning.  We have no food in the house, I can smell myself (I just ran so I'll cut myself some slack on the stink), I can smell the dog, I have laundry waiting to be put away and I found a thousand items I've never listed on etsy... I've got to get going, but I will be back with lots of goodies I found and a new purged work area!!  Now, I just need to start thinking about a new wall color and painting my cabinets...

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Good for you! You gotta start somewhere, although that may be the shower today! My house is an absolute atrocity with Big home all day, every day. We tour a school we really like and I'm really hoping to find him a place. Soon. Like yesterday. So I can clean my house like a loon.

Lanyardlady said...

You're making me feel bad. I did some cleaning over the holiday but nothing to compare with this! I am certain I have hoarder genes like my aunt, who will not even let anyone in her house because there is no where to sit.

Angela said...

Good for you!!! I can just imagine myself and all of my junk in that room! What a great work space!! Love what you did with the cricut cartridges!!

Renee said...

That show hoarders will do it to you every time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...