Monday, January 24, 2011

Starting AND Finishing...

I am beginning to see some light at the end of my psychotic cleaning cession! I have gone through boxes and bags and totes and shelves and closets and cleared out stuff that hasn't been used in YEARS.  Of course, I am no dummy, I realize what this means... I will NEED something I've donated or thrown out-it ALWAYS happens to us crafty gals!  Seriously, how much can one person (or 3 in our case) keep??  Much to the surprise of everyone that knew me before the age of 20, I keep a clean house, a tidy house, a super-picked-up-neat-as-a-pin house and although I keep my clutter in my studio, I can only take so much! Today -MONDAY- I will FINISH and by "finish" I mean get the guest room/sewing room (no, I can't sew) picked up also!  This weekend I did take a bit of a break.  I fixed a bed skirt that had a tear for about 10 months and has been hanging over a chair in my guest/sewing room, I fixed the seat of Darlings America Girl Stroller (also a tear in the fabric)

 and... I finished the Twinkie Chan Cupcake scarf I've been crocheting for Darling!
(don't bother clicking to look inside, you did, didn't ya?)

See Darlings pictures in the background...Isn't she CUTE??!! I took those picture of her a few months after coming home from China, she was probably about 14 months old... Oh do I miss those baby days!!  She was a great baby: quiet, obedient and 100% potty trained by 18 months! I know...I got the golden ticket with this sweetie!
Here's a sneak peak of my studio
I haven't seen this much counter space since I moved in!  Yes, that's glue, gunk, and paint on the counter... The Mister is less than thrilled!
Ok, off to finish my project!
Happy  Monday!!
PS: new stuff in my other etsy shop


Lator tators!!
xoxo




7 comments:

Melanie said...

Let me be the first to say, YES, she is the cutest thing! Good job and nice show for all your hard work! Now send me some of your lovely snow!

chinamommy said...

I will gladly send my "lovely snow" to anyone that would like it. Please send $19.95 for S&H!!!

LeeLu Creations said...

Super cute scarf!

I did click to look inside, lol. :)

Angela said...

Good for you!! Way to get those projects done!! Doesn't it feel good to do something that has been waiting for months and months!! Love the cute new "papercuts" stuff :)

Amber Zimmerman said...

Shut up. . .you made that cupcake scarf?? LOVE it!! Your paper cuts are always so cute too. . .did you use the silhouette for any? I bought some of the new "Miss Sunshine and Mr. Messy" goodies that came out this weekend!

♥zoe♥ said...

♥You really made the scarf?!? REALLY!? Omggggg you're multi talented Chinamommy though!
x♥x♥
Zoe

LuLu Kellogg said...

Shut the front door!!! That scarf is just the cutest thing I have ever seen! Eeeeeeeeek! Love it!

I meant to answer your question about the banners I create. I use Photo Shop to create them. I purchased the software off Amazon (much cheaper than buying it in a store) and there are lots of tutorials on how to use the program and I actually just taught myself how to use it. You can also get a book on "Photo Shop too (I think it's called Photoshop for Dummies) but it's a really easy program to use!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...