Thursday, February 11, 2010

why yes, that is puke in my hair...

I'm exhausted and can only guess how awful darling daughter feels today...
At 3AM I heard her saying "dad? dad? dad?" (she knows mama hates to have her sleep disturbed!)  I finally said "honey, come over here", so she did and then told me she didn't feel well.  Within 15 min we were up & I was holding her hair back while she lost supper...  Poor kid!  She just got over ear infections!
Last Sunday she had that roller skate party with the girls from her class... we noticed her BFF wasn't there & the host mom said it was because she was sick.  Dang, I had her birthday present with me, the one I've had for weeks because we had to miss BFF's party since we were out of town.  So after the roller rink we headed over to BFF's house and i knock on the front door-from inside I hear "should I open it?" "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" "there's someone at the door" "OPEN IT!"
When they opened the door her little friend is standing there with the palest face & red eyes, poor thing looked like a white rabbit, but not in a good way...  Her mom was standing in the background telling me they were all sick and she wasn't coming any closer SO....
I threw the package in the door and took off like a true germ-a-phobe should!
guess I didn't run fast enough... So now I'm totally afraid to eat breakfast and darling is laying on towels in the chair with a trash can, paper towels, nause-X, and books.
(she said I could take her picture, but she was NOT showing her face-that's a little wave for all of you)
I remember when I was a kid and I'd have my head in the toilet puking my guts up, crying for my mom and she'd be gagging as loud and hard as she could- she's not one to be upstaged by a sick kid, don't ya know!  She'd stand there & YELL my dad's name in between gags, it was SO comforting...
So today is going to consist of me crocheting in between holding darlings hair back!
I start a new project when I get stuck on a pattern, so I have:
The cupcake from this book.  The top didn't turn out, so I'm in the process of tearing it out and starting over- something that is not that fun, but necessary for a new crocheter!  I've torn out several rows and even though it is no fun, I find that it often clears up some of my confusion.
this hat from HeidisHats on etsy.
I'm stuck on the brim right now, but there is a great crochet GUY on youtube that's going to help me out with that, I'm sure of it!  IF you want to start crocheting my best advice: go to JoAnne's & sign up for a class when they're 1/2 price, then watch lots of crochet tutorials on youtube.  I tried to watch the videos before the class and they made NO sense to me...
Now this is something I actually finished crocheting, I just have to stuff it and sew it together!
The little coffee cup (in pink).  I just have to do the finishing work, but the pieces are complete!  
Ok, I'm going to spend the day hanging with darling and crocheting!! 
AND
washing and bleaching...
Happy Thursday gals!

3 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh sweetie, I hate that little Darling is sick again...poor thing! I hope you don't get any yack in your hair :)

LuLu♥

Funny in My Mind said...

I had to block the photo of our menu and logo- too many weirdos and hubby likes me to be private.

Angela said...

Poor baby! I love the tiny little hand sticking up from the pile of blankets.

...the hat looks great so far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...