Monday, March 29, 2010

DIY Projects and 401K's

I had a dream last week that i started a weekly DIY tutorial here on the blog... 
It was a cork board that was all decorated up with that sparkly glittery scalloped edge stuff teachers put on bulletin boards in the hall at school... you know what I mean?  Then over the cork I put this HORRIBLE ugly vintage baby gift wrap that was just butt ugly and wrinkly and torn - I'm glad I woke up!  I felt bad for a few seconds after I woke up thinking I really had made that and scared you with it...
But, it did get me thinking.... now that i'm done (for a while?!) making my fake millions maybe I will do some DIY projects... but since I'm on "vacation" i'm not making any promises so don't plug in your glue guns just yet!
This was my "maybe I should do it" idea yesterday... this is as far as I got!
I was thinking a while back I'd love to have a little record of all the cute outfits Darling daughter wears.
I got the idea from another blogger who was taking a picture of her daughter everyday to record all her outfits from her Senior year of HS!  Oh would I love to have a picture of everything I wore back in 1987... then again, maybe not!  I thought it would be fun, but you know me... I kinda of forget to do it every day, but I'm trying. 
Monday 3-28-10 
My plan is to print them kind of small and make a little book every year of all her cute outfits.  I've also let myself take a break from my elaborate scrapbooks- getting them IN and ON paper is the goal now, embellishments can come later... or not!
who loves her new found freedom of not HAVING to do anything... well, I AM making myself walk everyday on that treadmill, but that's because I WANT to start doing some 5K road races, which are NOT to be confused with 401K's... and Lord knows I've done that before!  I think I've told that story before...
Yep, here it is from a much earlier post in case you missed it:
...After i had worked there (a horrible job where I sold carpet because they sucked me in with a sign that said "Designer WANTED") a couple years a note came down from the main office- there was going to be a 401K, well i can't tell you how excited i was, i'd been meaning to get into shape for quite a while. You see, i was a runner in HS & also in college, i ran after college, and ran for several years on a very regular basis until i bought my 1st house... there was always something to do & i was so excited (it was a REALLY cute house) to decorate that i gave up running for painting & landscaping. But now... there is this company 401K race & i'm IN!! So i start thinking of how i should start training & how i should find out who all is going to participate. A couple days later a memo comes out to let us know that there will be a staff meeting to discuss this 401K- WOW, i'm excited, i didn't know this was such a big deal at the ol' carpet store! I said to C "so are you going to run in that 401K?". If i remember right, i just got a weird look & maybe a laugh that i took as "yeah...right". About that time my boss came out of his office & came over by our desks, because, let's face it- he had to think the job was boring too & we were the FUN girls at the shop! I start asking Mr. Mgr if a lot of people participated in the 401K "yeah, i guess", he says. Then i ask "have they done this before?", again "yeah". Well, then i start down the slippery slope, because by now YOU have probably seen the error of my ways... I start saying how i better start training & i'm pretty out of shape & i hope i can find some good shoes in a size 5 (NOT easy to do). Now, Mr. Mgr & C are starting to chuckle & i, seriously, have NO idea why. I keep up the questions & am going on & on about racing & college cross country & all the things that are making me look like a complete BOOB! Mr. Mgr & C think i'm just being funny so they're really yucking it up until... they realize... i have NO IDEA what i am saying & that i truly believe i am preparing for the road race of my life, not a savings plan...
yeah, a proud moment for me! Oh well, what do i care? i would much rather be funny than brilliant & apparently....
i'm in luck!!

Have a good Monday!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

LOL!!! That is a GREAT story! Love Darling's outfit!

Melanie said...

You totally remind me of Middle Sister now! That sounds exactly like something she has done or would do!

And size 5 feet??? Are you kidding me? Mine are 11. I'm not sure we can be blog friends if you are literally less than half my size. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...